Sunday 5 January 2014

Here is to 2014

Happy New Year everyone! I'm wishing you a fantastic year and hoping that you succeed, and smile loads. Here's to 2014! Just typing out '2014' makes my heart flutter a bit. Like OMG. Now that I'm a little bit older expectantly I am more conscious of time. And it is going very quickly. 2013 was a wonderful year for me, and my golly it went fast. With that here is why my 2013 was so good ~

Firstly 2013 started on a lovely little note with a family trip to Castel Point. It was a calm and positive place to be after what I would refer to 2012 being, a bad year. It was such a beautiful place. Other than that, you can gather the idea that it wasn't an automatic switch from bad year to good year overnight. I had to work hard to make 2013 good. This trip was just a nice way to enjoy the calm after the storm. So I really enjoyed it!! It lifted my spirits significantly and flowed onto greater things. Just look at that view, striking!

View walking up to lighthouse. #1

View walking up to lighthouse. #2

Feel so grateful for the country which I live in.

Then in February my beautiful grandparents visited. They'll truly never know how much it meant to me. I hadn't seen them in 7 years. that's nearly half my life, so of course it was really special of them to have come here. I could ramble on about them visiting but I feel those memories are private family memories and shouldn't be shared on the Internet. Sorry!

I was definitely a lucky ducky and attended three concerts in 2013. This constantly gave me something to look forward - they were all sooooo good! My first ever concert, starting off with Ed Sheeran; he was brilliant. One of the most talented people out there. I have great memories from that concert, the fact that he was AMAZING. I wish I could relive it all over again. Later in the year as you should know (see here) I attended a One Direction concert after waiting 535 days. Now if that isn't patience I don't know what is. Of course it was worth the wait (and tears, and nasty boat ride, and money, aha, sorry I'm writing this quite late and feeling a bit tired). Anyway, to put it briefly the 10th of October 2013 was the best night of my life. Finally I've come to the last concert Passenger (who was also the opening act at Ed). This was the most recent one, which was perfectly timed after my exams. It was a nice way of ending of the school year. He was also incredible and I loved it! 

One Direction - top moment of 2013.


I am so grateful for the amazing opportunities I had in 2013. Bring on 2014! With that I leave you with a selfie; welcoming the new year with a change. A fringe!!


How was your 2013? Happy new year.

Love Dani. x

No comments:

Post a Comment