Friday 6 December 2013

It's the Season

Hello!

It is that wonderful time of the year. Christmas time! I absolutely adore Christmas, the lead up to it, the decorations, just every single detail. As well as the food. It all makes me so happy to be alive. Here in New Zealand (as well as the whole Southern hemisphere!) Christmas is a bit different. Guess what, it's also summer time. Generally Christmas is spent in the sunshine. A stark contrast to other countries in the world - after all Christmas is associated with snow, warm snugly clothes, hot drinks and infamous fireplaces. But no here it has to be 25 degree's out. Oh I'd love a winter Christmas, much more 'traditional', maybe someday, UK are you ready?


 Over anything though I love my summer Christmas's. After all it is what I've come to know my whole life. It makes me feel special and privileged. Which I am extremely thankful for. I'll hopefully do some Christmas posts in the next few weeks because why not! There will also be some exciting summer post's too. I can't wait to share my summer holiday experiences with you.

Dani. x

2 comments:

  1. I definitely know how you feel about Summer Christmas's since I live in Australia. It is definitely on my bucket list to see a "white Christmas" but for now I so thoroughly enjoy being able to put on some swimmers and jump in the pool before grabbing a big Christmas lunch of mostly salads and cold meats. Yum! Looking forward to more Christmasy posts :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Glad someone understands! After all most bloggers right now are posting about winter wear, and what not. I'd love to see a white Christmas too but right now I'm happy to be able to go to the beach! :) Also I just did a post about my Christmas, check it out. xx

      Delete