Wednesday 9 April 2014

Life updates

I know there's only a few of you readers, some of you may not care at all. But I feel like it's an important step into achieving something with this blog to keep you keen and avid followers up to date. So here it goes;

My 2014 so far
I cannot fathom that it's April already. It does not make sense. Time is flying by so quickly and I hardly have time to catch my breath; let alone blog. So as usual I apologise to anyone who cares.
So far this year has had its ups and downs. It started mid summer holiday which was perfect, then came the start of a brand new school year. Utterly terrifying. After adjusting to the new year I have found my feet. Life has been the usual but with a change as I am feeling more confident and happy within myself. As my chummy says, it's my year. I'd like too think so. Besides the casual "how's school conversation" I just answered for you, life outside of school has been good too. 

Citizenship
A big part of my life has changed because I gained New Zealand citizenship. It feels nice to say that I now officially belong in the country that I live. It's very important to me. Although it is bitter sweet, having to say goodbye to my birth country was harder than I thought it would be. You have to make sacrifices, though I'll always be South African at heart.

Birthday celebrations
Just the other day (not saying when because of those creepers) it was my 17th birthday. I don't feel any different except that I understand a lot more. I had a perfect day - my friends and family spoiled me with lots of presents and cake. I am so thankful for them everyday. There will hopefully be a post very soon on a little birthday haul because I think it'd be cute. Some may find it interesting and who knows it might just spark some gift giving ideas. 


Hope everyone is doing well and having the best year of their life. I'm in my lucky last school year, thank goodness for year 13 privileges! 

Love Dani xx

Ps now that I'm 17 I've got a bit of a dilemma! Do I change my blog to danidarling17. For now I might just leave it because I like the number 16 anyway.   Xx


2 comments:

  1. Leave it as the 16!!! It was who you were when you began blogging Chummy!!! Awesome post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point chummy. I will, it's just easier to leave it. :) Thank you. xxxxx

      Delete